Hi,
We have on-prem Jira Service desk , users who reply on ticket via email is automatically marked as internal comment.
Its not happening when customer replies via portal.
heavent configured any automation rules.
Where could be the problem?
The only users that can make public comments are Customers (always public) and Agents (public or internal). If the person replying via email is not a customer or agent then it will be internal.
How to check whether user is a customer?
It was working fine till update i think, when we updated to last version in December.
Thanks.
I’m not exactly sure how server behaves here. In Cloud I can go to project settings > people, also look under “customers” in the given project.
Same thing happening with me. Customers responding via email to an issue show as "internal". I am on a server license.
Help. I'm having the same problem. What's the fix for this? My reporters' email replies are appearing as internal comments.
I have the same issue. One thing to add:I set up the mail handling through Incoming Mail, not through the Jira Service Desk email request setting. Could this be the issue? Any other on the thread set this up with normal Jira Incoming Mail Handlers?
The solution for me was to set up the Jira Service Desk mail handler.
For sure do not use Jira incoming mail handler for JSD.
I got it to work well enough The issue with the Jira Service Desk handler is it either is open to self-sign up, or you have to be an added customer. Incoming mail handler has default reporter if the requester doesn't have an account yet.
@Cameron Salhany
May I ask what you did to get this to work? I'm having a similar issue. After upgrading to versions Jira 8.13.10 and JSD 4.13.10. When our customers reply back to an email notification they received whether they are the reporter or participant - it now gets copied as an internal comment. Whereas before it would get copied as Visible to customer via the Portal. Any suggestions on where to look?
@Jason Michaud I'll be honest- I never got this to work. My company is in the process of transitioning to the Cloud version.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.