I downloaded free Jira trial version for understanding the workflow and automation of issue status.
I am unable to add the Automation plugin to my JIRA.
Have you tried downloading the separately and then installing plugin manually from the UPM console (Add-ons >> Manage Add-ons)? Do you get any error message?
I was looking for a communication I received on this a couple of weeks back. If memory serves, given their acquisition of A4J, Atlassian was going to do away with the lite version or ability to install as a step toward their goal of integrating A4J into Jira natively. I will try to find the reference and share here.
Note I did find the email and noting that you are on server this does not apply. Now, it may be that Atlassian has some similar plans to integrate into a future server version but I don’t have insights into that. Moreover, as long as the addon is available in the Marketplace it should be installable.
Now I am able to automate the status change.
Wasnot trying the right Jira automation trial version.
now all good.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.