Desired Outcome:
I have an Insight Object Type called "People" and I have created objects with names matching Jira user name.
I've created an Insight custom field called "Client" with the JQL to look in the People object type.
I want to dynamically assign the name value of the Client custom field with the value of the Reporter field when an issue is created.
What I've tried without success:
I've tried various other plugins such as Jira Automation but it doesnt let me use smart values for Jira insight custom fields. I did try their advanced option with this...
{
"fields": {
"Client": [
{"Name": "{{issue.reporter.displayName}}"}
]
}
}without success.
- I tried another plugin called JSU which has a "Copy Value From Other Field" and set it to copy Reporter field to Client but it throws an error, even when I move the post function order around.
- I tried various Post functions.
Feels like it should be doable and I'm missing something easy. Any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers