Hi all,
We have a Jira core server (ver. 8) which is served via http at the moment:
http://jira.company.ad.local/secure/Dashboard.jspa which is installed on a Windows server, no other applications are planned to be on this server.
We have a certificate to install, and looking at the Jira documentation, it looks a little bit tricky to install it via this route: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/running-confluence-over-ssl-or-https-161203.html
I've seen some posts about using IIS instead, the IIS side is ok for us, if we do that, I think I have to:
1. Update the base URL via System (in Jira) to https.
2. Stop the Jira service.
3. Edit the /conf/server.xml like this:
<Connector port="<strong>8080</strong>" connectionTimeout="20000" redirectPort="<strong>8443</strong>" maxThreads="200" minSpareThreads="10" enableLookups="false" acceptCount="10" debug="0" URIEncoding="UTF-8" />
4. Edit the proxy in the same file to include our server name:
<Connector acceptCount="100" connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true" enableLookups="false" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" maxSpareThreads="75" maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1" redirectPort="8443" useBodyEncodingForURI="true"
proxyName="<strong>jira</strong>.<strong>company.ad.local</strong>" proxyPort="80"/>
5. Then restart Jira services.
Am I missing any steps or have I made any glaring errors? Any help is much appreciated! Thanks, Stephen.