If an external customer report a bug on Jira Service Desk then how is it handled by the JIRA server?
Hi @Tehreem Fatima
With regards the following it will all depend on your process for handling bugs.
For example, if I create a request type bugs and this is mapped to the bug issue type, you would need to decide internally what happens when the bug comes in.
All of these are possible but fundamentally, you will need to have an internal process of how you handle this. Only after this can this problem then be mapped to a workflow process in Jira.
If I misunderstood the request, do clarify.
Cheers.
I have the same question!
One more question, how the bugs can be filed with the Jira server version hidden behind a firewall?
I am not sure I got the last question correctly.
Do you mean you would like to have the JIRA Server version set by the customer but you cannot fetch this because it is behind a firewall?
If so, then I would suggest providing a select list field or a text field that user fills when they are submitting the bug.
If however I misunderstood, please clarify and I will be happy to help.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.