Is it possible in jira automation to convert a task to a sub task and linked it to a specifique task # ? If so , how to do it ?
Convert to a subtask is basically a "move issue" operation. Due to various complexities around moving issues, most of the automation suites don't seem to support it. Its not exposed in the rest API for example.
The closest that people seem to come to is creating a new issue that is a subtask with the data from the original issue, the deleting the issue. But as you can imagine there is some complexity with this as well.
If I move the issue, I think I can do that, how can I link this issue to a specific issue # ?
Thanks
Manually via the web interface. Under the "more" menu
There is a convert to subtask option that will ask you what issue you want to be a subtask of.
As I said, there isn't automation for move or convert to subtask. Has to be done via the web interface
ok, thanks
I found this thread looking for answers, adding my workaround to help others searching for answers too!
- Move is not available in automation
- Instead you can clone the story/task
- Set issue type to subtask, copying all the original details
- Set the desired parent issue
- Delete the original story
Looks like the attached pic, hope this helps!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.