Why is this a new thread? Because I and my fellow table top nerd friends have a burning desire to talk about everything D&D! This conversation started in the Friday Fun post here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Off-topic-discussions/Friday-Fun-which-is-your-favourite-book-or-the-best-book-you/td-p/1288313
So to get things started. I have mostly been a forgotten realms fan. I was first introduced to D&D via the Advance D&D system in place for the video game Bauldur's Gate.
From there I had a group of friends that got me into playing the table top version of the game.
I haven't played in years, and as much as I would love to get back into regular play sessions life is too busy for my to do that right now.
When I did play I was generally a Chaotic Good Cleric. I liked playing a character where the ends justified the means to get there.
Anyone else who plays regularly or maybe you just read some of the books, feel free to chime in and share your stories!