Hello all,
I need to disable 900 Atlassian cloud users, I followed https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/admin/user-management/rest/#api-users-account-id-manage-lifecycle-disable-post
I generated the API token for myself and using in a python script to test it, but I am getting error "{"code":401,"message":"Unauthorized"}". I have site admin access as well as directory admin access. I am able to disable the users via Atlassian portal. My token is also showing as valid in portal.
My code:
import requestsimport json
url = "https://api.atlassian.com/users/FirstName.LastName@MyCompany.com/manage/lifecycle/disable"
headers = {"Content-Type": "application/json","Authorization": "Bearer MyApiToken"}
payload = json.dumps( {"message": "Disabling Users who have left Company"} )
response = requests.request("POST",url,data=payload,headers=headers)
print(response.text)
Hi @Balaji Shinde ,
This is the API you're looking for api-group-Users , although there isn't a way of deactivating users in cloud at the moment.
Authenticating to this you'll use your username and api token as the password.
Hi @Edwin Kyalangalilwa I think @Balaji Shinde has the correct API, this is indeed a new API that we provide to organization administrators for deactivating accounts across all Atlassian products. Deactivating accounts for users that have left the company is the type of scenario it's designed for.
Hi @Balaji Shinde , did you follow the instructions here to generate your API token? https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/create-an-admin-api-key-969537932.html
It's important to understand that the organization API key is not the same as a personal API key.
Gotcha, thanks for the clarification @Dave Meyer !
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.