We want to have two different issue types for a single workflow. One that is manually created (CAs) and one that is created via Nagios (ARs). I'd like to be able to hide ARs from user creation since we want to restrict those to being generated just from the REST interface.
I have put a validator on the Create transition so that it keeps users from creating the AR, that's easy. But it still shows the AR type to create, just gives an error if you try to create one.
Just wanted to know if there is a way to create a permissions type scheme that says only jira-administrators can create that specific type (which is the user we use to create issues via REST right now). Otherwise, that type is not even an option for creation.
I'd like to be able to do this without having to create a new project.
Thanks!