Hello,
I've change database to production, set to UTF-8 and after upgrade and restore from backup polish special chars are changed to '?'. My confluence version is 7.0.3. Anyone have some idea what to do?
Hi @sokolman
Can you check if the actual database content is still in Polish or also changed to '?'. It could have been lost during the backup/restore process.
Hi, Thanks for answer. New content also have '?'.
Ho @sokolman ,
Welcome to the community.
Can you check that you have set the encoding right on server, database and table level.
Additional, this kb article might help you getting closer to the issue.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/troubleshooting-character-encodings-167194.html
This troubleshooting pass the test, but polish special chars are missing. I've checked data base : schema and tables are in utf-8, utf-8bin.
Did you also check the server configuration in your my.cnf?
I once had a similar issue and then it was only the server config missing, if I remember correct.
It works! Thanks
I've added this to my.cnf
<span>[</span><span>client</span><span>]</span><span>default-character-set</span><span>=</span><span>utf8 </span><span>[</span><span>mysql</span><span>]</span><span>default-character-set</span><span>=</span><span>utf8 </span><span>[</span><span>mysqld</span><span>]</span><span>collation-server </span><span>=</span><span> utf8_unicode_ci init-connect</span><span>=</span><span>'SET NAMES utf8'</span><span>character-set-server </span><span>=</span><span> utf8</span>
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.