Changes from all fields are displayed in a "Original Value -> New Value" table, but there seems to be no way to get the old value of an edited comment!
Is this intentional, or a bug?
Hi Thomas,
there's an old issue for that: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-12400
Vote for it and hope, someday it will come true ;-)
Best regards
Thomas
Thanks, I voted for it - but my hopes are rather low...
If you are interested I have created a Comment History plugin for JIRA that is now available on the marketplace: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.redmoon.jira.commenthistory.commenthistory
Does this plugin have a REST API or any kind of API for programmatic acces ?
Thanks.
Hi Catalin
What functionality are you wanting from the rest API? At the moment it has a rest api that I use for getting all history for an Issue but I can add to that if you let me know what you want.
Thanks
Paul, thanks for the info.
JIRA doesn't save the comments history in the changelog. That is mainly my problem. If I check the Changelog I need to get the timestamp and look in the comments to get the corresponding comment (if there is one).
Not a big deal for me. It can be done with a bit work, but I was curious about the functionality of your plugin.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.