Issue Type: Defect,
Status is OPEN, even when Progress Status is updated to 'Resolved'
Cannot close the Ticket, why?
You need to check you have the "Transition issues" permission on the project.
i need more info to assist here. Some questions/thoughts...
Yes, I have the permission, am the admin
Thank you Jack,
When I click on 'Edit'issue > Field: Process Status is present, where I tried changing to resolved from the drop-down options.
Here, Issue type - Bug, named as Defect in this scenario.
Workflow:
"are you saying that you cannot transition the issue or are you saying when you do transition to Done/Resolved that the issue still appears in say "my open issues"? If so you need to ensure you are setting the "Resolution" when moving the issue to Done/Resolved."
Here, I have no other option of changing the Status of this issue, and if I change it from Edit - it still remains 'Open'
Under 'More' (refer screenshot)
I only see relatable option of 'Move' -- is this the only way left to resolve ?
Ok so Process Status is some custom field you or someone has created in your instance. I don't know what it's purpose is but, unless you have some automation that triggers on the modification of Process Status to actually change the Status then they are completely decoupled. So if you wish to change the Status you must transition it from Open to the desired status.
As @Pete Singleton inferred, if you are not seeing any transitions for Status (you don't use Edit for this) then your permissions are messed up. Please go to Project settings > permissions and check Transition issues.
Thanks a lot Jack, appreciate !
But, there is a twist to the story, as I see it is only happening for one particular defect, and not others.
Is there something additional setting I should check for this particular defect ?
OR what if I simply clone it and see the changes if other options turn up, what's your advice @Jack Brickey and @Pete Singleton
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.