Is there a way to use a cascading select list but only record the second value selected?
I have no need for the first option. I’m only trying to use the cascading select list because there are several hundred options to choose from.
Thanks!
Hi @Jacob Watts
Welcome to the community,
If you don't need the first option, why you don't use the select liste (multiple or single choice). If you can't, put a value like "none" or what you want to use it as a dummy value for the first list and be able to access the second list.
Thank you for the reply @Mohamed Benziane but I have this field currently as a select list. It is several hundred values. It is a bit much to expect users to sift through that list every time they get a new ticket to set that value. It takes a few minutes, and doing that across all users, for multiple tickets a day adds up to some lost time.
So I want to use a cascading list so they can select option 1 and only get a subset of the values. A much more usable chunk like 50-60 values. I have no need to capture the initial value though, it's just to make the list easier to use.
So in this case, i will suggest to use two dummy value in the parent option to slice the list.
But the problem @Mohamed Benziane is that "dummy" value is recorded in the resulting ticket(as far as I know I can't change that behavior). I don't want that dummy value anywhere in my tickets. So that is my question. Can the cascading select list be setup/changed to only record the second value.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.