Greetings,
I want to add some functionalities to Jira Service Desk using Services but i'm facing some troubles. I've followed each step in Jira Development Cookbook, more specifically "Writing a service in JIRA" in Chapter 11.
I created my Java Class, imported all needed libraries and made it extends AbstractService. I wrote the XML file and implemented run() and getObjectConfiguration() methods. The latter just as the book states. I managed to register my service after dealing with xml config file location and now i'm able to see it in Services list and edit its rate of execution.
However i noticed the code inside run() is never called. I've already looked up on atlassian-jira.log and catalina.log files and there's any track of the service execution there.
By the way, I've tested the code itself and it works perfectly (It updates a custom field in an issue).
I have no clue of what could be going on, that's why i'm requesting your help.
Thank you in advance.
Best regards.