We have a sync process with 3rd party application, that changes custom field "External status". That application can not call standart API transition process - only change this field. Can I write any function, that changes the status of my issue when custom field "External status" is changes to pre-defined value?
I understand how to to this in workflow transiton
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/adding-a-custom-event-861253643.html?_ga=2.52604968.1619393910.1580736497-1199589977.1536579347
but i have no one - the other application initiates only field value change.
Thanx!
I dont believe there is an easy way to do this with just core functionality. An Add-on makes it easy.
If you have the "Automation for Jira" add-on you can have it watch for changes in field values, and execute transitions.
If you have one of the scripting addons, you can write an event handler that does the same thing.
Thank You very much for advice! I've searched in Add-ons, found listeners, and thats it!
Fast-track transition an issue, issue update event!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.