Hi,
The closest issue I can find relating to this is Confluence only (CONF-22338) - which suggests it is related to Tomcat and double decoding... I'm admin for JIRA but I don't have access to the server where our instance of JIRA is installed so I don't know if this is relevant.
The problem we have in our instance of JIRA are filenames such as the following:
problems symbols+je.docx
problems symbols%20je.docx
problems symbols%2Bje.docx
cannot be downloaded (but can be uploaded) in JIRA issues, users just get a blank screen when trying to download them.
But the following are fine:
problems symbols%je.docx
problems symbols=je.docx
problems symbols%2je.docx
I can't find a definitive list of disallowed symbols for JIRA anywhere in Answers but I've informed our users to not use + symbols, but this is still causing a headache because they work all the time with Word documents from lots of sources with different filenaming conventions.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.