Hi all,
hope somebody can give me a hint
My Problem
I am stuck trying to link Jira to Confluence and Bitbucket via the Application link.
My setup
I run all applications out of the offical Atlassian Docker containers on my Synology DS918+. The containers are configured to use a 'bridge' network, the configured ports of the containers are all routed to same ports on the localhost.
I use the DiskStationManager nginx reverse proxy to access from the outside through a DynDNS URL mapping the requests to the localhosts ports.
The Problem
The individual applications work fine but trying to conncect for example Confluence to Jira I get the error: "No response was received from the URL you entered - it may not be valid. Please fix the URL below, if needed, and click Continue."
My Resolution Attempts
Reading through this article
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Running-Atlassian-server-product-on-Docker/ba-p/1209665
I understand that I somehow need the docker containers to be able to communicate as if they were in the same local network, refering to the part in the article stating:
"1. First, your client computer has to allow you to access to itself looping back your requests via the above URL.
Easiest way to achieve this is just to add records in your hosts file.
127.0.0.1 jira.internal
127.0.0.1 confluence.internal
127.0.0.1 bitbucket.internal
Otherwise, you can configure local DNS using dnsmasq and letting your client computer to resolve above name as 127.0.0.1."
Here I don't make any more progress.
I tried to edit /etc/hosts and added the above lines but using the https adress only resulting in a broken Webfrontend of the Synology.
I tried installing all docker containers using 'host' as network but here Confluence crashes during the database setup.
I tried installing Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket into a Ubuntu18.04 container. Here Confluence also crashes during database setup...
Any idea how to fix this?
cheers
Mirko