Running into an issue displaying Excel files using the Office Excel Macro. It would appear that embedded text boxes, images, etc are not shown in the preview.
Is this a known issue? Any way to resolve or workaround in the Excel file.
Hi there,
Happy to help with this. Could you show me an example of how the Excel document appears when you display it in Confluence? If you need, you can create a test document to replicate the issue so it doesn't contain any private information.
It will also help to know what version of Microsoft Office you used to generate your file, and your Confluence version. Please also check your Confluence server logs and let me know if you notice that Confluence runs into any errors when generating the preview.
Shannon
Hi Shannon,
We are using 6.15.9 and also notice the same: an excel file with text box, images, will only show up regular cell contents, but not the text boxes, images added on top of the cells .
Is there any way to make the excel file show up on the confluence page exactly like it is shown in Excel?
Thank you for clarifying.
Could you please show me an example of how the Excel document looks on your page, vs how it looks on the document?
I've tested this on my site, although it's version 7.3.1, and I'm able to view the Excel documents with embedded images using the Excel macro.
Thank you.
I tested it on a 7.3.2 Confluence server.
Here is a test Excel file with some image (icon), smart art (the cat), shapes and chart
When I add it as attachment in Confluence, then add the Excel macro to display the content, this is what I saw
As you can see the attachment thumbnail seemed to display the content somehow in a small scale. But the macro could not display the clip art or the shapes. I hope that there is something we can do to make them visible too.
Is this bug resolved yet? Its 2021, but I see the same problem exists.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.