It is happening on heavily edited large pages. I tick off a task / checkbox but in a week or so it loses the tick.
What could be the cause? What to do?
@Jiri Pik Did you find the cause? Having the same issue ...
Have you checked the page history?
Perhaps as this is a heavily trafficked page, someone is removing the checkmark by mistake.
Yes, I have checked the page history, but it is useless - it says that the checkbox was checked a month ago and unchecked today but I did not uncheck it.
The unchecking happens also on pages accessible by me.
In any case, it would be good to expand the checkbox functionality to report its history.
There are these errors in the console - is it relevant?
Properties of "AJS.Rte.BookmarkManager" were overwrittennamespace @ batch.js?locale=en-US:273com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-frontend:split_vendors~moment.js?locale=en-US:5 Deprecation warning: moment.lang is deprecated. Use moment.locale instead.Arguments: de[1] 0: d, 1: eErrorat Function.lang (https://mysite.com/s/a30f1fcabb7c99da97e49c0c8c8017d5-CDN/evw358/8401/8e8f74c7e2fea2df662fe8d0f5d79ff6ab016336/7.2.1/_/download/batch/com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-frontend:split_vendors~moment/com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-frontend:split_vendors~moment.js?locale=en-US:5:3400)at https://mysite.com/s/a30f1fcabb7c99da97e49c0c8c8017d5-CDN/evw358/8401/8e8f74c7e2fea2df662fe8d0f5d79ff6ab016336/13.0.2/_/download/batch/com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-inline-tasks:date-helper-js-resources/com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-inline-tasks:date-helper-js-resources.js?locale=en-US:5:485at https://mysite.com/s/a30f1fcabb7c99da97e49c0c8c8017d5-CDN/evw358/8401/8e8f74c7e2fea2df662fe8d0f5d79ff6ab016336/13.0.2/_/download/batch/com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-inline-tasks:date-helper-js-resources/com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-inline-tasks:date-helper-js-resources.js?locale=en-US:5:157at https://mysite.com/s/a30f1fcabb7c99da97e49c0c8c8017d5-CDN/evw358/8401/8e8f74c7e2fea2df662fe8d0f5d79ff6ab016336/13.0.2/_/download/batch/com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-inline-tasks:date-helper-js-resources/com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-inline-tasks:date-helper-js-resources.js?locale=en-US:5:176D @ com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-frontend:split_vendors~moment.js?locale=en-US:5batch.js?locale=en-US:1960 DEPRECATED JS - AJS.debounce has been deprecated since 8.0.0 and will be removed in 9.0.0. Use equivalent functions from libraries like lodash / underscore instead at https://mysite.com/s/d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e-CDN/evw358/8401/8e8f74c7e2fea2df662fe8d0f5d79ff6ab016336/17.2.5/_/download/batch/com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.sticky-table-headers:stickytableheaders-resources/com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.sticky-table-headers:stickytableheaders-resources.js:27:147p @ batch.js?locale=en-US:1960batch.js?locale=en-US:1960 DEPRECATED JS - Dialog constructor has been deprecated and will be removed in a future release. Use Dialog2 instead. at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (https://mysite.com/s/a30f1fcabb7c99da97e49c0c8c8017d5-CDN/evw358/8401/8e8f74c7e2fea2df662fe8d0f5d79ff6ab016336/3.9.8/_/download/batch/com.tensixtwo.conf.latexmath:editor_latexmath/com.tensixtwo.conf.latexmath:editor_latexmath.js?locale=en-US:5:8164)p @ batch.js?locale=en-US:1960batch.js?locale=en-US:1960 DEPRECATED JS - Dialog popup constructor has been deprecated and will be removed in a future release. at h (https://mysite.com/s/080ab33781ad6fbcd6eb811c91bd410c-CDN/evw358/8401/8e8f74c7e2fea2df662fe8d0f5d79ff6ab016336/f08b142073ed75abbdbf91b355e73766/_/download/contextbatch/js/_super/batch.js?locale=en-US:2135:6588)
Hi @Jiri Pik !
I've tried the way @Alison suggested and it really worked. In the page history you can see all the changes including the checking/unchecking of tasklist items. You can find the one who did it
Yes, it sounds most appealing but on a page when only I have the right to modify it shows that I have unchecked which I did not.
Disable collaborative editing ...
i was afraid you would say that
I also noticed that this is primarily caused by collaborative editing:
The problem IMHO, is that setting a checkbox in view mode, should do the sane thing from a UX perspective (i.e., check the box on the latest published version of the page, AND check the box in the unpublished draft). This would avoid unsuspecting editors from unintentionally unchecking tasks.
This is a really big problem for our page review flows (that make use of tasks to indicate completion), and meeting / retrospective action point management. Is there any way we can get this prioritized and fixed? Ditching collaborative editing to avoid the issue really is not an option during work-from-home Covid times.
Happening to me ALL THE TIME and it happens when I am the only person with edit permissions as well. These are private pages I use to track tasks.
Happens ALL THE TIME.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.