I've noticed a bit of an issue lately, where tickets that our helpdesk isn't able to resolve are being escalated to other projects. Before and after being moved, these problem tickets are in pending status. The problem arises in that our tickets should never be sitting unassigned in any project while pending, as pending status indicates that the ticket has been assigned but is waiting on hold for one reason or another. I've already asked our helpdesk employees to move tickets out of pending status before moving them to another project, but I'd prefer to have a solution that doesn't rely on people having to remember to change ticket statuses.
What I'd like to do to fix this is have automation/workflow that either denies tickets in pending status from being moved to other projects, or automatically changes a ticket that was moved to a more appropriate status. However I've been unable to find a working method to do either of those. Have any of yall successfully created this kind of functionality?