I am currently configuring email handlers for issue creation in JIRA based on support mailboxes we set up on our exchange server. Our user accounts are based on Active Directory credentials and to create an account a user logs into JIRA using their Active Directory ID and password. However, I am running into a problem where unless I choose the option create user id on the email handler, the handler does not parse the email and create an issue. When I do select the create user functionality, if the user has not already logged in with their Active Directory credentials, JIRA creates a user account based on the email address and not the Active Directory information. Once the user logs in with their Active Directory information, another account is created. My first thought is to have everyone that will be emailing the support mailboxes log into JIRA with their Active Directory credentials before they send any support requests so they will be in the system . Can anyone think of a way to potentially merge the two accounts that are created when a user sends a support request before they have ever logged into JIRA? Any thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.