One of my fields has LOCKED status, can somebody help me how to change it manually, without scripts?
I need to set this field as a requiered while new request creating.
Thanks
Hi @Vitaliy Lukashov
You can not do this. Epic Link is a system field (added by Jira Agile/Jira Software). All Epic functionnalities on boards depends on this field so it can not be made required like this.
But you can make it required with "Behaviours" which is part of "Script Runner" plug-in.
Regards,
Adrien
Locked fields are locked by the plugins or core code that needs to protect them from potentially inappropriate change or deletion.
Unless Atlassian documentation explicitly says "you need to unlock this field", you should not unlock them. Some of them probably could be deleted safely, but most will break things if you were to unlock them and change them, let alone delete!
Could we ask why you think you want unlock the fields? There are a couple of reasons, but I doubt you've actually got one that won't harm your system.
Hello @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- , I need to make Epic Link field required while creating new Request. Now it's not required and developers forget to fill it when the create the request.
Do not do this. You will break Jira in some "interesting" ways (fortunately non-destructive, you'll just find a whole load of stuff starts failing for no apparent reason)
Use a validator to make the field mandatory on creation, or, if you have Scriptrunner, a Behaviour.
@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-hello, I understood you.
But can you please be more detailed about validator, how can I use it? (I'm new in Jira, so it's difficult for me to set it)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.