When I am trying to open my PPT page on confluence and its not opening. So I came to know that error in companion app and anybody give suggestions how to overcome this issue
Hi
After upgrading our confluence servers and companion App problem got resolved.
BR,
Sattar
Hi @Baig Mirja_ Sattar ,
Could you please provide some more details? What browser and OS are you using?
Companion is currently not supported on IE, Safari & Edge - see the following KB article: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/cant-edit-files-in-confluence-server-using-atlassian-companion-app-in-internet-explorer-edge-firefox-or-safari-981152695.html
This will be resolved in Confluence 7.3.
I would recommend raising a Confluence support case and providing Companion logs so that the issue can be thoroughly investigated. See https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-server/
Regards,Alex
Google and Windows-10(64bit)
@Baig Mirja_ Sattar
Which point does the UI in Confluence get to before the process fails? Are you able to see "Edit with Powerpoint" dropdown from the "Edit with" button?
When I Click on and choose Edit with powerpoint option and Its not opening
We are having the same issue as reported above. Has this been resolved?
@Parul Trivedi
Which browser are you using? I would highly recommend upgrading to Confluence 7.3+ as the file editing experience with Companion is significantly improved and does not have this bug.
As I mentioned above, this could be an authentication issue where Companion cannot connect to Confluence. This is often due to a transparent SSO (with reverse proxy) in front of the Confluence instance. Is your Confluence setup similar to this?
Regards,Alex (Atlassian Developer)
Hi @Alex K ,
Thanks for replying to me. I was trying this on Chrome.
Yes. I read somewhere that we need to upgrade.
Thanks,
Parul
Hi @Parul Trivedi ,
Chrome is still supported in older versions. If you're having the same error as Baig, then it indicates that Companion cannot reach your Confluence Server.
Do you know if your environment is similar to as I described above? Do you have an SSO with your Confluence instance?
We have a section in our documentation for how to resolve that problem on Confluence 7.3+.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.