Hello there,
So I upgraded my Confluence server over the weekend using this guide;
https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/unattended-installation-838416261.html
And the server installed successfully.
HOWEVER, I am far more familiar with installation via archive, so having the new installation inherit the old installation directory was disconcerting.
I am tentatively hopeful that there is some alteration to the response.varfile (provided below) which will allow my new installation to instantiate a new directory for itself, and be non-reliant on the previous installation;
app.confHome=/var/atlassian/application-data/confluence
app.install.service$Boolean=false
portChoice=custom
httpPort$Long=26112
rmiPort$Long=8001
launch.application$Boolean=false
sys.adminRights$Boolean=true
sys.confirmedUpdateInstallationString=false
sys.installationDir=/opt/atlassian/atlassian-confluence-7.2.1
sys.languageId=en
On review of this response.varfile however, it did not include the options necessary to upgrade a server; Notably an existing installation directory. On review, this option was present in my Jira server's response.varfile;
existingInstallationDir=/opt/atlassian/atlassian-confluence-6.12.1
The server did install, but the upgrade subsumed the installation directory of the previous server, v6.12.1, as provided above.
I am seeking a way to alter my future upgrades so that the server will upgrade into a distinct installation directory.