Hi,
We need that when we change sub-task status, its Story status changes.
I wrote a post function (using script runner) on a transition.
The story has validators on its transitions.
When I change sub-task's status and the validator blocks the change of the Story status (tried to be done by the post function), I get exception message.
The exception prevents the status change of the Sub-task itself too (I just need to display message but not to block the status change of the current issue (Sub-task)).
- I added try block surround the post function code, but It does not catch the exception
- The exception message is different from the message I get if I try to change the Story status manually.
In case the validators don't block the change of the Story, it works fine.
How can I handle the exception?
Is there other way to change status of related issue in case of status change (Sub-task -> Story, Story -> Epic)? a way that does not block the caller issue status and enable me to provide meaningful message.
Thanks in advance,
Oded