Hi Guys,
I have a valid certificate and Jira shows Not Secure in Chrome and Firefox.
Sometimes, when I open the Jira url the certificate show right, but after open a project or dashboard problems occour again.
Can someone help me?
Hi @Fabio Manzoni ! How are you doing?
Looks like your Base URL is set to http:// instead of https/. Would you please check that?
If it is wrong, it will (as you said) work as expected as long as you do not click any link.
Hope this helps!
Hi Cristiano,
The url is https://
In fact, I mean the Jira Base URL configuration.
To check it, just click the Cog Icon in the top bar, then System. Under General Settings you will see the Base URL property. It should be the same URL that you are using to access the application.
I checked this and it's correctly. In fact this started to occur after a Chrome update. I didn't any change in my Jira Instance.
Hello everyone!My name is Leonardo, I'm a Cloud support engineer at Atlassian.I stumbled into this thread while doing some research, so I wanted to share my findings.
There does not seem to have any effective security risk. But, what happens is that when you are on an Agile board view for example, Jira is loading a non HTTPS resource in the page, which triggers that warning:I found that when inspecting the browser console upon the page's loading. That URL takes you nowhere, it just returns a 404. If I have to make an assumption, I would say that it can be a legacy resource present in the code, or something of that sort. But that is just my assumption.I have reported a bug to have that content reviewed: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-18958Of course, I cannot give any ETA as to when someone will look into it, but at least we have our devs be aware.
Well,
I probably was hasty on this one...
I did not notice the Jira Server tags, so I don't believe my findings will apply to your case.
Apologies for the inconvenience!
Thank you Leonardo, this helped me fix my issue. I was accidentally referencing a custom priority icon over http instead of https from my jira cloud instance.
I use the developer tools to discover this and fixed it.
A good tip to anyone seeing those Not Secure warnings on how to find the possible cause.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.