Hi,
at my company, we are currently using JIRA for internal issue management as well as time tracking (Tempo). We also have an internal confluence.
So the head of my department is thinking of using Service Desk in order to provide our customers a way to create issue tickets online without calling our helpdesk.
Now I was ordered to get some informations about Service Desk. I've red the whole online documentation and it seems, that this is a very powerful and usable tool. But I still have a question:
Currently, we are using JIRA internally only. It runs on a server which isn't reachable from the outside of our network (for example from the internet). Now given the situation that JIRA and Service Desk are at several points wired to each other - would I have to install Service Desk to the same server as JIRA is already running on? If so, how can I make sure that the customers have only access to Service Dask and nothing else running on the server? Or would I have to make my whole JIRA System accessible from the outside?
Sorry if the question seems a bit odd, but I'm still learning how this whole thing is working. Also please don't mind my english. x)
Cheers and thanks in advance for your answers,
Simon.