Hi, We have configured Jira and Confluence to run behind Apache using the Mod_proxy approach described in the Jira/Confluence wiki's. We have configured both virtual host (jira.domainname.com) and (confluence.domainname.com).and set up certificates for both using OpenSSL. We are able to get to the sites https://jira.domainname.com and https://confluence.domainname.com individually with no problem. Initially when had to get the certificate in the browser and confirm,etc. However, I am now changing my application links from http://machinename:8083 to https://confluence.domainname.com to get the integration and have both as trusted applications.
When I do this in Jira for confluence it does not immediately recognize the confluence site. So I continue to set up the application and configure the trust and we get the error.
Unable to retrieve the application's certificate: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
I have imported the certs created with openSSL and used in the apache vhost into the keystore wtih the following approach.
keytool -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA -keystore "%JAVA_HOME%\jre\lib\security\tomcat"
This asked me all the same questions when I created the cert/key pair and I answered them the same. first name last name was set to the site name ie, confluence.domainname.com
keytool -genkey -alias tomcat2 -keyalg RSA -keystore "%JAVA_HOME%\jre\lib\security\tomcat2"
same as above but for jira.domainname.com
keytool -import -alias confluence -file confluence.cert -keystore "%JAVA_HOME%\jre\lib\security\tomcat"
Enter keystore password:
Owner: EMAILADDRESS=Lance_lyons@onlifehealth.com, CN=confluence.onlifehealth.com
, OU=IT, O=Onlife, L=Nashville, ST=TN, C=US
Issuer: EMAILADDRESS=Lance_lyons@onlifehealth.com, CN=confluence.onlifehealth.co
m, OU=IT, O=Onlife, L=Nashville, ST=TN, C=US
Serial number: a222ff8c3e0178d3
Valid from: Thu Aug 25 09:23:46 PDT 2011 until: Sun Aug 22 09:23:46 PDT 2021
Certificate fingerprints:
MD5: E8:18:8F:39:B2:34:93:48:17:67:......
SHA1: 8A:68:FE:48:9B:53:91:20:F2:8.........
Signature algorithm name: SHA1withRSA
Version: 1
Trust this certificate? [no]: yes
Certificate was added to keystore
same for the jira.cert
keytool -import -alias jira -file jira.cert -keystore "%JAVA_HOME%\jre\lib\security\tomcat2"
I cant get the application link trust to work. I made sure I am creating these for the same java that jira is issuing.
What am I missing?