I have read multiple similar questions, but somehow not able to find the answer I am looking/hoping for.
I am using the REST API to create issues using /rest/api/2/issue/bulk endpoint. The only issue I am having is creating the cards while assigning to a Sprint. I am able to do so by providing the Sprint ID in a customfield, but the environment I am creating the issues from, I don't inherently know the Sprint ID, only the Sprint Name. I would like to assign the cards to the Sprint if the sprint exists, or create the sprint if it does not exist.
Is there an endpoint that I can call to provide me with a list of Sprint and Sprint IDs that exist for a specific project? I'm willing to entertain any work arounds as well.
Its absolutely mind boggling to me that the REST documentation doesn't even mention the word "sprint" once. I know I am not the only one having this issue.