Hi folks,
I've been struggling to get an app link working in Jira to support a new app using OAuth. I've followed this doc (both with the example 'OauthKey' consumer_key and a randomly generated one via uuidgen which some examples suggested):
https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/oauth
I always get:
{ statusCode: 401, data: 'oauth_problem=consumer_key_unknown' }
This wasn't much help, since I'm working with a freshly configured app link based on the docs:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/applinks/oauth-troubleshooting-guide-790632058.html#OAuthtroubleshootingguide-OAuthunknownkey
When that didn't work, I spent a lot of time searching the forum and Google with mixed results...the main takeaway is a lot of people hit the same problem, but many threads trail off with no clear resolution. Some suggest hard coding the consumer key to magic values like hardcoded-consumer, this was one of the more informative:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-get-consumer-key-for-jira-Oauth1/qaq-p/49925
The date made me suspect accuracy though, and other much newer suggestions pretty much mirror the official docs:
https://www.redradishtech.com/display/KB/How+to+write+a+Python+script+authenticating+with+Jira+via+OAuth
However, no amount of tinkering with the consumer key, naming, UI options, generating different length/format keys, etc. seems to get me past this error. I can't imagine this is so difficult (I've configured OAuth before for other services), what am I missing?
I am using Node.js, and have experienced the same behavior with different jira client wrappers from NPM including jira-client and jira-connector. The same work fine with username/password, so I don't think it's simply a code/library issue.
Thanks for any help!