I have a requirement to programmatically add a table similar to html tables on a confluence page. I know I can add an html table in the html macro but i don't want that. Is there another option besides that?
Hi Ahmad,
I'm not quite sure I understand your question correctly. Do you have data somewhere (e.g. in a Database or accessible via REST) and want to display it in a Confluence page as a table? Or do you want just a static table? Maybe you could give an example of what you mean.
Also: are you on Server or Cloud?
Cheers,Sven
Hi Sven,
I have an application which creates and updates pages on a space in confluence. So, I have data on my application server. I want to create a table on confluence using that data and using REST calls of confluence. For example, is there any option or endpoint where I can pass in the data and column names and page Id and confluence creates and populates the table automatically for me on that page.
Thanks.
Hmmm... I'm not 100% percent sure I fully understand what you want to do yet, but it does sound like our app PocketQuery could be the solution to your problem. (You didn't say whether you're on Server or Cloud - if you're on Cloud you can pretty much stop reading here, because it's not available there yet)
With PocketQuery you could define a REST Query that fetches data from your external server. You can then insert the PocketQuery macro into page which will execute and render your REST Query into a table.
The only thing is that depending on the layout of your data, you might need to write a PocketQuery Converter or a PocketQuery Template. But I can help you with that, if you want to do that.
Let me know if this actually sounds like a solution to your problem of if you want to do something else!
Let me explain with help of an example. For example, I have data like this in my application server e.g. column names: name,id,date and I have arrays or lists of values for these three columns. Now I want to create a data table on a confluence page programmatically using this data. So, is there a macro available for this where I can pass this data as parameters to macro.
I looked here for all the macros available: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF55/Working+with+Macros. But I didn't find one for simple data table or html table.
PocketQuery does sound like a possible solution, but if there is a macro other than that, it will be really helpful.
And yes, I am on server not on cloud.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.