I have created a next-gen project, want to configure the workflow for jira board. I have already created workflow and added workflow scheme, but not able to configure or activate it
Hi Richa,
If you want to use the workflow created( I suppose it is a Custom Workflow) I suggest to create a Jira standard Software project not a Next-Gen.
As I know in NextGen project you are able just to add statuses as Columns.
@Richa_Goyal
There is no way too configure the workflows in Next-gen project. However, if you want to add new statuses in next-gen, you just add a new column in the next-gen board.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/get-started-with-next-gen-projects-945104903.html
@Cristian Ionescu but then you can use the roadmap visualisation as it is only available in next gen, am I correct?
You can now configure workflows but currently applies to all issue types - apparently will soon be able to apply per type. There may be some limitations in comparison with Classic but it is a step forward
Do you have a reference work ticket for atlassian to follow the development progress of this issue?
Can we assign a workflow to a specific issue type only? Currently editing a workflow for an issue type automatically changes the workflow for all issue types in the project.
I found this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17434
There is now an "Edit Workflow" button.For Next-Gen projects, go to Project Settings > Issue Types > Story
At the top of the page, next to the "Story" title, is an "Edit Workflow" button
This is so annoying! Not all issue types need to have the same workflow. I've got sub-tasks having to go through the same workflow as all other ticket types.
That doesn't resolve the issue for just that type. When you save, it edits for all types and you can't select the one you want to update.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.