We have been using bitbucket for a year or so. The issue we have is when pushing a large-ish number of commits (say 40-60). When we push, the remote returns this error (edited a bit to hide internal details):
C:\mycode>git push --set-upstream origin feature/mybranch
Enumerating objects: 1387, done.
Counting objects: 100% (1351/1351), done.
Compressing objects: 100% (356/356), done.
remote: usage: git index-pack [-v] [-o <index-file>] [--keep | --keep=<msg>] [--verify] [--strict] (<pack-file> | --stdin [--fix-thin] [<pack-file>])
fatal: sha1 file '<stdout>' write error: Broken pipe
error: remote unpack failed: index-pack abnormal exit
To ssh://mybitbucket:2222/mycode.git
! [remote rejected] feature/mybranch -> feature/mybranch (unpacker error)
error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://mybitbucket:2222/mycode.git'
If I painstakingly/manually push the commits one by one, it will work. However this is time consuming; I should be able to push all of my local commits in one push.
I've played with some client-side settings regarding pack limits to no avail. I feel like something is wrong on the server because of that "remote: usage: git index-pack" output?
Any ideas? Thanks!