I am fairly new to SCRUM concept, and here is how I understood it could/should work:
I am currently having my dev team create their issues into Jira directly, whether it's a bug, story, task, etc. Enssentially, whenever they find something, they can create an issue about it in Jira backlog.
However, very often, the issue they create will actually be a sub-task of another story or task. And I cannot ask them to create the issue as a sub-task because they don't know if it's a subtask or not (and it makes no sense to ask them to find out through the whole backlog).
In my mind, I thought I could just link child issues based on the current backlog issues I had, but from what I understand, you can only link sub-task issues as a child.
Then, if I click on an issue, and hover above its type, it will allow me to change it only to another issue (not a subtask), so I actually have to go through "Move" action to move the issue as a subtask.
Can anyone please shed some lights for me here, or any better best practice you would recommend? (For context, we're a startup of 20 employees, but with a team of 6 devs only in total, I'm the product owner).
Thanks!