I like the Service Desk plugin but the current user-based pricing model (requiring a new user for each Service Desk customer) doesn't work for the case where you want to support many external customers who might only use JIRA once. I read that Atlassian are considering offering it with agent-based pricing (pay for each JIRA user 'agent' who service the Service Desk customers). Did that go anywhere? It would be good to know if there is an Atlassian announcement coming up as I'm currently considering other options and would like to make a decision based on all the information.
It's still working through the cogs apparantly. Not sure it will be exactly "agent based" though.
I keep meaning to ask my Atlassian rep about it - he said "soon" in February...
Has anyone heard about this? or is this still not he case?
Still not there. I imagine we'll get something for summit at the latest, but I will try again to catch my rep.
Any further updates on this?
We're also waiting patiently on news on this. We have not heard anything yet. Have I missed an announcement anywhere?
I've finally had time to ask my Atlassian rep, and no, you've not missed any announcements.
It is still something they know they need to address, but if there have been any decisions, they are not public yet, even with partners and experts.
As we're getting close to the annual Summit though, I wouldn't be surprised if something is announced, even if it's just a timescale.
New announcement at the Atlassian Summit. per agent pricing is alive and well.
Thanks for the heads up, guys! Here's the answer to my question announced at the annual summit: $20/month for 3 agents and unlimited clients in the newly-released JIRA Service Desk 2.0 http://blogs.atlassian.com/2014/09/introducing-jira-service-desk-2-0/
Well done, Atlassian!
Thanks, we're pretty excited about it too
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.