I have a suggestion to improve Atlassian Community:
Atlassian Community should not require user sign-in just to view/read threads.
As a user coming in from Google, it is annoying and cumbersome to have to sign-in to actually read a thread. I see the thread contents load completely, so I could have seen the thread, except the page gets immediately intercepted/redirected to a sign-in page.
Some users may not need sign in because they just want to read. For these users, forced sign-in is offputting.
I would suggest, as an improvement to Atlassian Community, removing the forced sign in flow for just viewing threads. Users should only be required to sign in if they plan on interacting with the thread.
I'm not sure if there are reasons for the forced sign-in, such as trying to get more onboarding/engagement, or preventing attacks such as DDOS or something but
- Onboarding/Engagement: Forced sign in just to view was very frustrating for me because I didn't want to sign up/participate at that moment, I thought viewing would be simple and public.
- Preventing attacks: The whole thread page contents get loaded anyway, which is a redundant waste of bandwidth if it just gets loaded again after sign in. I don't think the forced sign in has any positive effect on preventing attacks
All in all, I would just recommend taking off the forced-sign in because I found it pretty annoying. I'm not sure if any other users would agree, but take note that I'm coming from a visitor's coming-from-google perspective.