We want to notify specific users by sending them a SMS , when an incident is created with a specific component.
Out-of-the-box it only seems possible to notify by email ?
If not - are there any suitable addons available ?
Hi @Mogens Hald Kristensen
Take a look at this page about webhooks. Once configured these can be triggered from a workflow postfunction.
I hope it helps.
Ravi
Thanks Ravi - I will look into this
The link leads to doc for Jira cloud product - we run the on-prem/server products
- sorry I was wrong - it is the Server version
You could try Automation for Jira-Server LITE (Free Plugin), it definitely allows you to set up a Twilio SMS automation rule when an incident creates a ticket.
I've set it up for cloud, specifically for Incidents out of hours. Works a treat. When you sign up to Twilio they give you X amount of dollars for free (for testing purposes), but in reality the amount they give is enough for a long time given Incidents don't happen all the time (one hopes) and because the rates are really really cheap on Twilio to send SMS.
Example of the automation rule:
-Mike
Hi Mike
It certainly looks promising - I will test asap
As we are running Datacenter edition, the Lite version is not applicable.
We will consider the full version
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.