How can I create a multi select dropdown list in Next-gen project. I want to simulate components functionality.
@eirikurg - you can see this link here for more info otherwise I outlined the steps from our system! : https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-a-custom-field-776636423.html
For Server
For Cloud - looks like you make need to use Checkbox options because NextGen doesn't support custom fields or multi select drop downs.
This configuration may be different for server vs cloud. Please let me know if you are on cloud or server. Hope this helps, thanks!
Hi @eirikurg
@Thomas B is right, there is no multi-select field in Next-Gen yet - options you can try are:
As stated above, to add custom fields in Next-Gen projects:
If you wish to request a field to be added - vote and add a comment in this suggestion - JSWCLOUD-18544.
Ste
Im using jira in the cloud. And this question is related to Next-gen project
Here you go: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/customize-an-issue-s-fields-in-next-gen-projects-951392551.html
The things I was trying to do was to hard to do in next-gen project so I gave up and did it in classic
Hopefully Atlassian will add the multi-select dropdown to nextgen cloud. The Checkbox type somewhat works but the issue there is when you have a long list (of application or services for example) doing this in checkbox format takes up a lot of screen space to display all the checkbox options at once. As opposed to a tidier dropdown select that allows them to easily search and add multiple items to the field.
The classic version of the cloud service desk does allow multiple selections within a dropdown menu (I just changed over from it and now many of my forms aren't working as intended).
lame
There is a way to do it now. You can create multi-select field in organization-wide issue settings and reuse that field in JWM.
Good idea. I'll give this a shot
Yes, doable via global fields (Jira Admin required). https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Re-How-to-natively-add-multi-select-field-in-Jira-Cloud/qaq-p/2766040/comment-id/1037229#M1037229
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.