Is it possible to create a numeric custom field with default value that will automatically increment by 1 for each new issue that is created?
And to make it even more fun, can I create a different series of these numbers with an alpha prefix.
For instance, I want to manage customer requirements from several customers in one project and want to issue a unique ID based on the customer.
Field 1 = SRS-1, SRS-2, SRS-3
Field 2 = TRS-1, TRS-2
etc.....
These could be in one field where I select the prefix or many fields if needed. (preferred method is one field.)
Also, can these fields be based on the value of a radio button or single select field?
(meaning if I have a previous field that indicates which project is involved, can that affect which serial number field is generated/activated)
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Aviva