I purchased a cert from a CA and am trying to set up both Confluence and JIRA instances on the same machine to be accessible in this manner:
Confluence: https://[secure.myFQDN]:9443
JIRA: https://[secure.myFQDN]:8443
The FQDN is the same for both instances, but the port numbers are different, so this should work.
I have followed the documentation for both Confluence and JIRA to get them running over SSL using a cert from a CA.
I created the .keystore file and copied it to <CONFLUENCE-INSTALL>mykeystore.jks, and Confluence is accessible. (Yes, I edited the <CONFLUENCE-INSTALL>conf/server.xml with the keystore path to <CONFLUENCE-INSTALL>mykeystore.jks, the SSl port for Confluence, and keystore password.)
I then made a copy of mykeystore.jks and placed it into <JIRA-INSTALL>mykeystore.jks and edited the <JIRA-INSTALL>/conf/server.xml to have the keystore path of <JIRA-INSTALL>mykeystore.jks, the SSL port for JIRA, and the keystore password.
However when I try to access JIRA, it doesn't load. I can only get JIRA to load using a self-signed cert.
I'm not very familiar with keystore files, but shouldn't it be possible to use the same SSL cert on the same machine? I mean, I'm using two different instances and two different ports (9443 and 8443) for each instance.
Any advice to help in what I'm trying to do (both JIRA and Confluence on same machine assessible via same FQDN but using different ports) would be appreciated.