How can I prevent a disgruntled employee from exporting a page or space from Confluence, and exfiltrating it before their termination date?
Realistically, you can really only check after the fact and then use other legal mechanisms to prevent information theft.
If they export a space, you should see this in the audit log.
But you'll need to look for an add-on to track page views by individual users or embed a tracking mechanism of your own.
I don't think there's any way to do this except for taking away their access rights completely. As long as they have read access they could always make a copy for themselves, one way or another.
Yeah naturally we revoke access at the time of offboarding. And we can't keep people from taking pictures of sensitive intellectual property with their phones...
...I guess the question could be generalized as "how do you secure Confluence from potential data leaks?"
Are there third party plugins that would act as a "tracking mechanism"? If so, do you have any recommendations?
Sorry, I haven't used any myself to make a specific recommendation, but I did notice this one looks like it offers a global report on individual user views etc:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215565/page-views?hosting=server&tab=overview
If a user was trying to export a lot of content, it should be obvious from the spike in views compared to other users.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.