I have a couple of licenses for Confluence, one is supposed to go with Jira Core, the other with Service Desk. I am just starting to employ this with small teams.
I read the database requirements for MySQL and got a Jira Core instance running with that. Now I want Confluence, but I see prohibitions about installing it in "the same Tomcat container" as another product. What does this mean?
My Atlassian stuff is in a virtual machine that lives on a server along with VMs that provide Open Semantic Search and Spiderfoot. The underlying server makes some of its storage available to the other machines as both paths as well as via web. The overall objective is to provide project management and a knowledge base that can be used to describe the things unearthed with the other two tools.
MySQL is on the underlying server system and I'm familiar enough with it to put it where it needs to be, back it up, move it around, etc. The mysql.cnf meets the requirements for both Jira Core and Confluence.
Should I install Confluence on the same VM as Jira Core, by doing something to provide a separate Tomcat container, or is this something that should be on a virtual machine by itself?