Good morning,
Following the proposed installation steps for the 6.10 bitbucket server version, at a Linux Debian Buster system, the following problem occurred. While trying to execute:
start-bitbucket.sh
I get the message:
Neither the JAVA_HOME nor the JRE_HOME environment variable is defined
Edit set-jre-home.sh and define JRE_HOME
I am trying to Install Bitbucket Server 6.10 from the zip or archive file:
atlassian-bitbucket-6.10.0
The relevant support page mentions at the "Before you begin>Are you using a supported operating system and Java version?" section:
The Bitbucket Server installer includes Java (JRE) and Tomcat, so you don't need to install these separately.
and at the same page, "the Before you begin>Is your JAVA_HOME variable set correctly?" section mentions that:
Before you install Bitbucket Server, check that you're running a supported Java version and that the JAVA_HOME environment variable is set correctly.
It is not clear to me what I have to do.
Please advise if I have to install Java. If so please advise which one of the java packages for Debian Buster are necessary to install.