Hi,
I wonder about the subject ? Can the ticket open via mail or API on the Jira. I want to open ticket by looking mail subject content. Is it possible ?
Hi @mustafa özgüdür
You can set up a process to use incoming emails to create issues: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/creating-issues-and-comments-from-email-779288896.html
Also read about "Issue Collectors" to setup a form to create issues from others.
I am working as SIEM engineer in financial sector. It shouldn't be cloud-based that I will use the product. What do you suggest me from Atlassian products ?
We will open the ticket via mail.The ticket automatically populate from subject and body.The ticket can be assigned an user.We need to summary report as open and closed ticket trend.
We already have this product.
Roll credits...
Copyright © 2002 - 2016 Atlassian Corporation Pty Ltd.
The use of this product is subject to the terms of the Atlassian End User Agreement, unless other specified therein.
This product includes software developed by the Apache Software Foundation.
This product also includes the following libraries which are covered by the GNU LGPL license:
When you open @Lenin Raj 's link, you'll have the option to switch to the server documentation in the top right. Version 7.1 however is already pretty old (not sure if even still supported). Anyways; this is the server version of Lenin's link: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver074/creating-issues-and-comments-from-email-881683958.html
Our Jira system is stand up. Version is is 7.1 Can yoou help me please upgrade latest version ?
If you are the Jira System Administrator, you can follow this guide: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/upgrading-jira-applications-938846936.html
I suggest testing an upgrade on a staging environment first. Take your time to prepare for an upgrade so you don't miss anything.
If you're not the administrator, you should ask the Jira admin for this. If you are, but don't feel comfortable doing an upgrade, you can always count on Atlassian Solution Partners to help you with this process. You can search for a partner near you here: https://partnerdirectory.atlassian.com/?lang=en-us
I work for a Solution Partner as well, but we're based in Belgium. If you'd like to get a quote from us, feel free to contact me or search for Brain² in the link above.
You don't need to upgrade to implement this - the "create issues and comments from email" function has barely changed since version 2 (I don't remember seeing it in version 1, but I know 2 had at least one mail handler that could create issues from email)
For upgrading, start with a look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/upgrading-jira-server-installer-938846937.html
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.