I am using JIRA 8.5.3 with Jira DVCS Connector Plugin - 5.2.6.
I created the DVCS connection with GitHub Enterprise. When DVCS connector is added in JIRA, it created hooks in GitHub for each repository.
Hooks were created with following configuration:
Payload URL - https://<my server url>/rest/bitbucket/1.0/repository/198/repo/sync
Content-Type - "application/x-www-form-urlencoded"
But with this configuration GitHub is not able to send push information to JIRA. It fails with error 415 (unsupported content type).
I found two ways to fix this:
Option 1 - Update payload URL to remove "repo" without changing the content-type i.e. make it https://<my server url>/rest/bitbucket/1.0/repository/198/sync
Option 2 - Keep the payload URL as default set by JIRA but change the content type to "application/json"
After making any of the above change, payload gets delivered successfully. But this cannot be right solution to do for all repositories.
This seems some problem with the DVCS connection plugin 5.2.6.
Has anyone else faced this ? What is the solution ?