I need a way to see which spaces or pages a group has access to. Pretty simple request but can't find anything short of SQL to display this.
@Robert Duffer ,
List all the spaces that the group has been granted permissions with the permission type:
<span>SELECT</span> s<span>.</span>SPACEKEY<span>,</span> sp<span>.</span>PERMTYPE <span>as</span> PERMISSIONS <span>FROM</span> SPACEPERMISSIONS sp <span>JOIN</span> SPACES s <span>ON</span> s<span>.</span>SPACEID <span>=</span> sp<span>.</span>SPACEID <span>JOIN</span> cwd_group g <span>ON</span> sp<span>.</span>PERMGROUPNAME <span>=</span> g<span>.</span>group_name <span>WHERE</span> sp<span>.</span>PERMGROUPNAME <span>IN</span> <span>(</span> <span>SELECT</span> g<span>.</span>group_name <span>FROM</span> cwd_group g <span>WHERE</span> g<span>.</span>lower_group_name <span>=</span> <span>'<group_name>'</span> <span>)</span><span>;</span>
List all the pages that the group has been granted view/edit permissions:
select c.contentid, c.title,c.content_status, s.spacekey, s.spacename, cp.groupname, cps.cont_perm_typefrom content c,spaces s,CONTENT_PERM_SET cps,CONTENT_PERM cpwherec.contenttype='PAGE'and c.spaceid=s.spaceid andcps.content_id = c.contentid andcp.cps_id=cps.id andcp.groupname = '<group name>';
Thanks for sharing, @Veera
The first query works fine and is very useful.
The second query puts out a table with column headers, but no content...
@Nicolai Sibler
I tested the second query and it works fine for me. In that query, make sure you use the group name in the same way it's showing you in the groups page in the UI, but not all lower case letters.
A query doesn't help me. I don't have SQL access to the Db. I have User Macros. That is what I meant by user side. If this could be "translated" into macro code it could serve my need. Thanks
Hi @Robert Duffer ,
there's now a built-in feature in Confluence Data Center for this purpose exactly. See the 7.3 release notes for details: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-7-3-release-notes-983794557.html#Confluence7.3ReleaseNotes-Advancedpermissionsmanagementforeasieradministration
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.