I've already tried support and they are just as confused as there is no reference to these tickets in logs that are duplicating the same 2 Epics in our Jira Server instances for the last 6 months.
I'm not sure how Jira perms allow these tickets to be created in the first place as the user in the Reporter field has been Inactive for over 6 months, the user is not searchable. Whatever process is creating these tickets seems to kick off same time overnight, but it's not happening every night. To make things worse, when it does run it seems to run dozens of duplicates in batch, even though the Created date is 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, etc, they only all show up all at once, overnight, after a period of days (or weeks)...this defies all logic for troubleshooting.
There are absolutely no references whatsoever in any of the Jira logs to help me reference an IP address, process, something....they all just APPEAR at random intervals.
I am at my wits end here, can anyone point me in the right direction to pinpoint what process (in Jira or external) is creating these mysterious %&#$!! duplicate Epics?
Thank you.