I installed Jira v7.10 .2 on a Windows 10 VM
I can access jira via 'machineName:8080' and 'machineIP:8080' and 'localhost:8080'
but the base url is not working.
I'm following this docs
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver0710/configuring-the-base-url-953145228.html
hi @dan stodomingo
In order to use the FQDN test.jira.com, you will need additional configurations. One way to achieve this is by using a proxy.
@dan stodomingoWelcome to the community!
What Base URL you are trying to configure, what error your are getting?
Please share screenshots for better understanding.
My base url
The error
@dan stodomingo
The base url you mentioned in Jira setting must be resolved to machine on which Jira is installed.
So have you make any configuration in your DNS to resolve, 'test.jira' domain to machine on which Jira is installed?
And also, have you configured any proxy to redirect 'test.jira' on port '80' to machine with Jira to port '8080'?
If not, you need to keep your base url as, http://machine_ip:8080
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.