Hello,
I have a CentOS 6 box with MySQL 5.6 and Confluence 6.0.2. I want to get to a CentOS 7 box with MySQL 5.7 and Confluence 7.1.2 or later. Does anyone have suggestions on the best way to do this?
For our JIRA server (in a similar situation) I'm getting a recommendation to upgrade to the last minor version (for Confluence this would be 6.0.7). Then maybe a transition version where the path is well known and desired because of reasons the support folks know (for Confluence this would be something between 6.0.7 and 7.1.2 - probably 6.15.x?). And then the final version to get to the latest release (7.1.2 or 7.2.x). Does anyone know what upgrade path would match this idea?
One tricky thing is that during the upgrade the MySQL version will need to be incremented from 5.6 to 5.7. So there may be the need for some transitional release of Confluence where My SQL 5.6 and 5.7 are both supported, then once running we upgrade the MySQL server to 5.7, and then continue the upgrade process further.
I know this is a lot to take in but if anyone has recommendations on the path forward I'd appreciate it. Thanks.