Hello team,
We have integrated Jira Core with Slack and have set up notifications for ticket creation.
We are also using Email This Issue Mail Handlers in order to automatically create tickets in project "External" whenever an email is sent to an email address.
Tickets are created by a service account "customer_ext".
The issue is the following:
[-] Manual ticket creation in project "External" -> Slack receives only one notification (working as expected)

[-] Ticket created by Email This Issue Mail Handler (from inbound email) in project "External" -> Slack receives two identical notifications

Some additional information (currently not aware if related to the issue):
Under Administration > System > Slack integration:
I am unable to see project "External" in the drop down menu in order to set up a notification:

I have been able to set up the notification from Administration > Projects > "External" > Slack integration

Could you please assist me with determining the root cause of these double notifications on ticket creation by email handlers from Email This Issue?
Or maybe point me in the right direction as currently I have ran out of ideas on how to troubleshoot further.
Also, is there any verbose logging I can enable / locate for the slack integration where I can observe why the notification has come through twice?
***Update:
Slack connection is no longer limited since we went away from the self signed cert.
This however still does not add commands such as the /jira info available for the Cloud where you can investigate duplicate channel subscriptions.
Your effort is highly appreciated!
Regards,
Dimitar